Saturday, February 25, 2006

Angelic

True to form, my girl has been beyond reproach ever since the topic of the cane was broached. She hasn't left so much as a scrap of paper on the stairs, she hasn't forgotten her mobile phone even once, and she has begun to say "Sir" from time to time even though I do not and have never required it of her. She believes she can stay out of trouble forever. For my part, I am proud of her careful attention to her chores and responsibilities and will recall this as proof she can be obedient and well behaved when she so chooses!

Frankly, this is typical. Anna is a good natured girl and she is a joy to share a home and a life with. Her sense of humour is delightful and her childlike exuberance brings me enormous pleasure. However, she is a bit of an imp. Her love of mischief is evident in the eye-sparkle and the crinkles around her eyes when she laughs. I adore these aspects of her personality and I know her careful diligence of late simply cannot last indefinitely. Thank goodness for small miracles. She will inevitably return to her sweetly slightly naughty self and that brings me no end of pleasure for I adore her mischief as much as I adore spanking it out of her temporarily.

Meanwhile, as we take a rest from discipline, it is time to treat my girl as the angel she is choosing to emulate. How shall I reward her?

6 Comments:

Blogger Ice_Princess said...

How about make her queen for a day and maybe she can even punish you if you're out of line?

1:33 AM  
Blogger Ice_Princess said...

Gaelin,
Are you hiding from me? I have an A so far in Stats and it ends on March 30

10:15 PM  
Blogger Daddy said...

Hiding? No! Not hiding, but buried deeply as well in a mountainous pile of numbers conspiring to drown me.

Never fear, they will not win!

Congratulations on your excellent marks in statistics. Methinks you deserve a treat!

5:29 AM  
Blogger Ice_Princess said...

Don't be so quick my dear I have left the program. Statistics for now will be my last class. I take the test tomorrow for the entrance to the doctoral program, so maybe I will be able to report that I have moved on to other things. I'm glad you're doing ok, I missed you.

3:47 PM  
Blogger lolalane said...

Hee hee. Buy her something nice. Like a new set of acrylic paints. I love fresh art supplies. Oh! A box of crayons. The 64 pack with the sharpener. There's nothing like new crayons.

1:37 AM  
Blogger Daddy said...

ice_princess, I was pleased to read that you feel at peace with your decision and I do hope that things will work out for the best for you.

lolalane, your suggestions are outstanding. Tomorrow, a trip to Mona Lisa's Art Supplies!

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters