Tuesday, November 15, 2005

How I Knew --- Part II

Thank you, ice princess, for your interesting question. How did I know I wanted to be a Daddy?

There is so much conflicting testimony out there if you frequent ageplay communities as to how the need to be a Daddy/Mummy or little one arises, running the gammet from various forms of childhood abuse and neglect all the way to having been too indulged in childhood. In my own case, and in my seasoned adulthood, I choose to no longer dwell on the wherefores and instead, to proceed with caution.


I believe each individual brings a different set of specific needs to this dynamic and it is important to find a partner who is not simply and only interested in ageplay, but whose specific ageplay requirements are a good fit.

I knew I wanted to be a Daddy back when I still was a wee child myself. This feeling manifested itself in two general inner feelings: a desire to protect and a desire to correct. I knew from a very young age, when I played with the pretty girls in my classes at school, that I wanted to be in control . I wanted to organize our games and I also, even as a child, felt that I wanted to spank them when they did not listen to me!

These basic desires that first appeared on the playground matured and became clearer to me as I grew up. By the time I was in my early teens and beginning some fledgling attempts at having girlfriends, I had developed a very protective sense of how to treat them. I had fantasies that were much more explicit than anything I would have dared attempt at that point! but I think my early girlfriends would have described me as being rather fatherly. I took it upon myself to make pointed suggestions about doing homework and I do remember taking a young lady's smoking habit upon myself to break for her, guiding her somewhat reluctantly through a process of quitting. I enjoyed the sense of guiding girls through something they did not particularly want to do, for their own good. Love tied in a slightly sadistic ribbon.

The disciplinary aspects of being a Daddy were something I also felt very strongly drawn to early on, and that feeling only grew as I went through the tortures of puberty! While other teenaged boys were sneaking peeks at pictures of naked women, I was sneaking peeks and adding strap marks in my mind. Lo, these were the days before internet access became a modern convenience and little did I know that there was anyone else in the world like me! As I grew through my teen years, I found my protective nature was appreciated by many girls, and also their parents. The disciplinary was less appreciated. I attempted the odd playful swat here and there but was, for the most part, too concerned about being thought mentally ill to do much more.

Meanwhile, the internet began to bloom and by the time I was in my twenties I was suddenly, blissfully, able to discover that what I felt were strange and unusual urges were actually shared by other men and women around the world. At that time, chatrooms were uncommon, however. I indulged myself with pictures and stories.

My fantasies were developing and becoming more intricate. What had begun as a simpler interest in being bossy and spanking women, evolved to include interest in other types of discipline and control, including diapering, spanking, temperature taking, grounding, corner time, enemas, and so forth.

I knew that I did not want to have a serious relationship with any women who would not also enjoy these things. (Enjoy is sometimes the wrong word, because of course, being slightly sadistic, I do not wish a women to *enjoy* being punished while it is happening. But consensuality is essential.)

My girl and I have an agreement. Punishments are not up for debate immediately before or during, because at that time, emotions are running high. No little girl with her knickers down will tell you that she agrees she should be spanked. You don't ask that question. You might convince her she knows WHY she is about to be spanked, and that she understands your rationale, but that's probably the best you're going to get while she's in that position. Ask her afterward if she deserved it, if she needed it, and if she still wants you to be in charge of her discipline and you'll hear a million tearstained yeses. But not before. And not during. As it should be.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ice_Princess said...

I'm not exactly sure how I am to address you, and since your id says daddy I will just use that. I don't wish to be perceived as disrespectful after all. Thank you daddy, for the educational answer. I am relatively knew to the whole concept and so I am always asking questions of people and sometimes I get answers that are crappy and other times I get answers like the one you gave me. I even love the way you type with an Irish accent, I have an Irish friend who does the same thing. Irish men are such an interesting bunch. I wanted to say I appreciate the time and effort you put into this post and I feel honored you did it just for me! She must be a lucky woman to have you, although I don't think I could live 24/7 the way you two do it, it must be nice to have someone that is honest about things. I'll be sure to check back from time to time now that you have done me this honor.

4:05 AM  
Blogger Daddy said...

I'm pleased I could answer your question and it was my pleasure to do so. Interesting and well-thought questions deserve to be answered with the same effort. I enjoy sharing my thoughts and experiences with those who are interested. Feel free to ask whatever you'd like to know.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Miss_Deidre said...

*nudges*

Just looking for a fix from My favourite Irish National ...

*nudges again*

Miss Deidre the Painfully Tired and Woefully Exhausted

2:40 PM  
Blogger Daddy said...

Hi darlin'. Good to see you here again and sorry to hear you are painfully tired and woefully exhausted! (Unless, of course, this state derives from wild fun.)
Thanks for the nudge and on with the show.

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters