Thursday, November 03, 2005

The girl

The girl tries to please me. It is in her nature to be obedient, pleasant, and polite. I haven't had to teach her these things. Indeed, I do not believe I would have fallen in love with a woman who did not already possess these qualities.

I want to cherish my little girl. It is not my interest to turn a churlish shrew into someone tolerable. Instead I prefer to know my girl is good. Her heart is good, her intentions are pure.

But small mistakes will happen, thank god. They provide us the opportunities to explore who we are.

Tonight she left the gas fireplace running while she went down the street to the mailbox. When she arrived home with her cheeks pink from the cold, and found me in the living room by the fire, I saw her face drop. She knew immediately she had made a mistake.

She will be posting her thoughts on her mistake and what the consequences must be.



http://stickandcarrot.blogspot.com/

3 Comments:

Blogger Miss_Deidre said...

I just wanted to drop a comment and let you know that I came across your blog through Siren's site ... It's a wonderful blog and I'll keep up with you and your little one.

Miss Deidre

6:00 PM  
Blogger Daddy said...

Thank you kindly Miss Deidre. I had a look at yours and a hearty laugh too. You're clearly a frustrated author about to become famous! Good luck to you with your special family and lifestyle.

6:25 PM  
Blogger Daddy's little one said...

I hope you go easy on your girl. I like your blog lots!

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters